New to Kajabi? Important Tips When Getting StartedOct 12, 2019
By far, in my humble opinion, Kajabi is truly the best platform available for online delivery and marketing of courses, programs, events, and training. Plus, you can use it to host your entire website! How cool is that!
But if you're reading this, most likely I'm preaching to the choir, because you have made the decision to use Kajabi as your partner in your online empire dreams.
Getting started can seem a bit daunting, however, especially if you're not tech-savvy. But just like anything, Kajabi may seem unfamiliar at first, but after a short time, you'll quickly and easily navigate all the amazing features Kajabi offers. The platform is quite intuitive and, if you can't find what you are looking for, Kajabi offers a handy and convenient "Kajabi Assistant" at the top of the page where you can just type in what you need and it will take you right to it! 🙌✨🎉💥
To make things even easier, here are a few tips that I have learned over the years of working with new Kajabians to help you get off on the right foot.
- Use the Kajabi Assistant to find what you need when navigating the site.
- Take the time to go through your "Settings" tab and set things up on your defaults the way you want them. This will save time, help create your site brand, and add a professional touch.
- Set your "Favicon" (short for favorite-icon...I think) which is the image that shows on the address bar on a PC. If you don't change this, it will default to Kajabi's logo, and I've even seen some of the big names in the industry who use Kajabi forget to do this.
- Set your Default Color Palette in the "Settings", then "Site Settings" section. Adding your brand colors to the default color palette will give you your brand colors at the touch of a button on all your page/program/block edits. Although you can customize the colors in each block by entering your brand colors, it's so much handier to have them on the color palette to choose from!
- Create a "Page Template". Before creating all your pages, create a generic page with your desired brand look for the header, footer, and settings such as fonts, primary color, and favicon. By doing this, then each time you want to create a new page, you can go to your template, clone the page, and start editing the content. By starting from scratch you have to recreate all those default settings each time. Using a template saves time and will help you keep a consistent look throughout your pages. If you have a page that you want different, you can simply edit as desired.
- Systematically go through each of your Website Pages after selecting your theme to make sure they look the way you want...even if you don't plan on using the Website option of Kajabi. If by chance, a visitor lands on one of these pages, particularly the Library, 404 Page, and Login Page, you'll want them to follow your desired look and brand.
- For most of my clients, the best order in working on your Kajabi site (but depends on your ultimate goals and overall needs) is:
- Website Pages
- Offers/Checkout Pages
- Email Sequences
- If you tackle learning in somewhat that order, you things will flow naturally on what needs to be done and in what order.
To make learning Kajabi even easier, we have created a comprehensive tutorial/mentorship that takes you through everything Kajabi in simple and easy to follow process checklists that take you step-by-step through the entire platform. You'll not only learn Kajabi, but will also glean strategy tips, marketing tips, and additional tools to help you create your unique message and launch it to the world. And, the first two modules of our Kajabi Mentorship program are absolutely FREE. Click below to learn more:
So follow these tips and jump on into Kajabi. If you still need assistance or would like information about our Done-For-You services, feel free to contact us for a free consultation.
Building an online business has several facets including things like Branding, Copywriting, Web Design, Content Creation, Content Marketing, Ad Campaigns, Affiliate Marketing, and the list goes on.
If you have a deep desire to create, build, and grow an online business but are feeling stuck or overwhelmed, we have the support you need!
Stop trying to figure it out through courses, articles, and countless YouTube videos!
Get comprehensive and strategic support through 1:1 Coaching or one of our Done-for-You packages.