Improve SEO for Your Kajabi Site: Part 2 (Your Sitemap)Feb 12, 2021
SEO or Search Engine Optimization is an important factor when setting up your Kajabi site, pages, and blog. Why? Because improving your SEO ranking can drive new and existing customers to your site, offers, and content. Part of growing a successful online business is first getting new traffic to your offers and pages. You can do this through paid advertising as one traffic source, social media, affiliate marketing and other strategies...yet one of the cornerstone marketing strategies will be your organic reach. SEO is the foundation to organic marketing.
What is SEO?
Search Engine Optimization is strategies and practices you implement on your site to support the increase of organic search traffic to your site or offer from search engines like Google, Yahoo, Bing, or others.
There are three main categories of SEO:
- Technical SEO: Technical SEO includes elements such as the user experience, page speed, and more.
- On-Page SEO: This includes the page elements such as titles, content, meta data, image alt attributes, and tags.
- Off-Page SEO: This includes the quality and amount of backlinks to your site from reputable external sites, social media links, referral links, and more.
Our goal with SEO in Kajabi is to optimize all three as much as possible to help your site rank higher on search engines to drive organic traffic to your site.
In this 5-Part Series, we'll be covering steps and strategies to set up SEO for your Kajabi Site.
In Part 1, we discuss on-page SEO and how to set this up on your Kajabi site.
In Part 2, we will go through setting up your Sitemap on Google Search Console so that Google is directing traffic to your site.
In Part 3, we will share strategies for Technical SEO such as page speed and user experience.
In Part 4, we will dive into Off-Page SEO strategies such as Social Media strategies, backlinks, and more.
And, in Part 5 we will share Blog strategies to support SEO organic traffic to your site, and strategies to include in your blogs.
Part 2: Improve your SEO for Your Kajabi by adding your Sitemap to Google Search Console!
Adding your Sitemap to Google Search Console is not going to be a make or break on your SEO, as eventually and theoretically Google and other Search Engines will index your site. However, why leave it to chance? By adding your sitemap to Google's Search Console, you are in-effect, directing Google to index your site.
This is especially helpful if your site is brand new and/or if it doesn't have many backlinks directing users to your site.
To do this, you first must have a Gmail Account.
Go to Google Search Console
Click here to visit Google Search Console: https://search.google.com/search-console/about.
- Click "Start Now"
- Login using your Gmail Account
- Under "Domain", enter your website/domain name. Be sure to include the www.
- You will then be prompted to verify that you own that domain. You can do this in several ways. In the example in this video, we walk you through verifying through DNS records, but you can also change the dropdown to Header Code and add it to your Settings> Site Settings> Site Details > Page Scripts > Header Page Scripts.
Once added, go back to Search Console and click "Verify."
*Tip: Open Google Console and Cloudflare or Kajabi in separate tabs to easily navigate between the two.
If verification code was added correctly, you will see that your verification was "Successful."
Add Your Sitemap
From the Google Search Console Dashboard, click on "Sitemap" from the main menu on the left.
In the "Add a new sitemap" area, type in: https://www.yourdomain.com/sitemap.xml and then click Submit.
You should now see your sitemap under "Submitted Sitemaps" with a green "Success" under the Status tab.
You're all set! That's it!
You can check back in about 48 hours to see the reports that are now available on the Search Console. This includes valuable data on keywords that were most used to find your site!